The game of darts has origins dating back to the First World War, where it was first conceptualised as a sport for stationed troops. Over the years, it has transformed from being a casual pastime to an almost international sport, with participants from different countries competing against each other at the highest level.
However, besides being a competitive sport, darts has still maintained its place as an enjoyable pass time to play indoors. Regardless of the fact, one needs a lot of perseverance, skill, knowledge and practise to perfect the art of throwing darts. A lot has to do with the type of equipment one uses, including the types of darts used.
In the United States, darts has been a popular game for several decades. Newcomers looking forward to acquire their own darts in the USA can follow the following simple tips to ensure they make the right decision.
- It is generally recommended to buy plastic shafts for anyone looking for their first dart set. It is always good to have different lengths of shafts and varied flight materials for novices to try and experiment with.
- It is recommended that one does not follow any suggestions from a third party, no matter how known the person is. There is a specific kind of dart that works well with each player’s individual style. Thus, rather than taking suggestions, novice players should go ahead and test various configurations for themselves before making a purchase decision.
- Before making the final decision, new comers should get the feel of the dart set, exploring various height and weight options before finally settling.
- It is generally not recommended to use light weight darts when one is starting off. Dart sets contain darts which are uniform in weight and it is advised to start off with heavier ones before making the switch to lighter options.
- While it is generally not advised to make a big investment for a starter’s dart set, it is also not advised to go for the cheapest option. Cheap darts may have inferior parts which can ultimately affect the quality of one’s game.
Following the above points will help newcomers avoid the hassles while choosing their first dart set.